Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GAKBAG t1_je1og3r wrote

I don't owe them my labor. I give them my labor under the assumption that I am being paid for it. It's a transaction. I don't say the cashier at the grocery store owes me my beer after I pay for it.

The minute my check bounces, I'm out and I'm burning the fucking company to the ground. The minute they don't allow me to expense some training I'm going through, I'm out the door. If the situation changes and I don't like it, I am allowed to leave. How do I owe them labor if I'm allowed to leave or they can fire me at any moment?

[deleted] t1_je1pvwp wrote

[deleted]

−1

GAKBAG t1_je1q7i7 wrote

I purchased the beer from the store not from the cashier. The cashier rings up my beer and tells me how much it costs and then puts my money in the register. Nowhere in there do they owe me the beer nor does the beer come into their possession at any point.

... are you a libertarian? Because you sound like a libertarian jerking off over contract law.

[deleted] t1_je1qt3t wrote

[deleted]

−1

GAKBAG t1_je1rky6 wrote

No I'm saying LIBERTARIANS think contract law is end-all be-all and you sound like one of them with how you are practically pleasuring yourself about contract law.