Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

moses420bush t1_iu4j8cg wrote

You've been living under a rock then, I don't watch him but he was behind team trees which was unavoidable on youtube for a long time.

Ouroboron t1_iu4nkde wrote

My friends aren't brainless children, I don't get ads, and don't follow anyone.

If that's living under a rock, well, good.

moses420bush t1_iu4ns56 wrote

Youtube embedded a team trees donation link on almost every single youtube video for a few months, if you watch science or news videos it's a wonder you missed it.

wankerbot t1_iu7l83f wrote

> if you watch science or news videos it's a wonder you missed it.

thats all i watch. only ads i see are political and solar incentives.

Ouroboron t1_iu4opfa wrote

It would have had to get around my router level black hole, multiple ad blockers, and rare use of YouTube on desktop. And YouTube Premium. And it never showed on my phone, either.

I literally don't know what team trees is.

−1

moses420bush t1_iu4qtgk wrote

I didn't think ad blockers can block the type of youtube embed it was, does your pi hole hide those youtube messages that pop up to tell you about corona or climate change or whatever too?

Edit: it was a charity drive to plant millions of trees

Ouroboron t1_iu4s24h wrote

I think my buddy and I got pissed at the big brother bollocks, so he wrote out found a script to block those messages. Can't think of the last time I saw any of that.

Tatatatatre t1_iu4vaik wrote

I had youtube premium and I saw the donation button for it. But I guess I am not as hardcore as you.

Ouroboron t1_iu4vrzq wrote

I've brutally cut as much advertising out of my life as possible. It's glorious.

real_billmo t1_iu5ex5g wrote

Don’t worry, I don’t have an ad blocker and still haven’t heard of team trees. I must just have a natural ability to tune out the bs.

Ryermeke t1_iu4th36 wrote

I mean... Considering it was a part of damn near every science and educational YouTube channel on the platform I suppose it's a little telling you didn't see any of it. I don't watch the guy either but I knew when that was happening.

−1

aVRAddict t1_iu5ipne wrote

I've never heard of it. All YouTube is pretty much trash now so I avoid it. It reminds me of the learning channel which turned into TLC trash tv. Everytime I see a clickbait thumbnail with those stupid faces they make I die a bit inside.

IdealDesperate2732 t1_iu6zouy wrote

They're definitely targeted at a very young demographic that isn't very sophisticated... I wouldn't think many adults have seen his videos at all, they're not the kind of thing most people would click on but exactly the kind of videos kids will watch over and over again.