Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ManBehindTheMask3030 t1_iqz7yl3 wrote

Blizzard Activision sucks now. Skeptical it will get any better under Microsoft.

Fgoat t1_iqzgd76 wrote

What gaming company has ever got better under Microsoft?

Morwha7 t1_iqzjx79 wrote

Playground Games, Obsidian Entertainment, Ninja Theory, Mojang Studios, Compulsion Games, probably a few others too.

Fgoat t1_iqzkio3 wrote

Playground games is probably the only one I agree with. The list is very very small.

Obsidian peaked with New vegas, way before Microsoft acquisition, ninja theory haven’t really done anything since acquisition as hell blade came out before that. Compulsion again, acquisition too new to really say anything as they release we happy few sequel little after Microsoft bought them.

On the other hand, look at what happened to lion head, ensemble, bizarre, some of the highest talents in gaming at the times and they were Used up and thrown away.

RisingDeadMan0 t1_iqzkji7 wrote

State of decay 2, 4 years later still wing updated by Undead Labs.

Paranitis t1_iqzkn2s wrote

I was gonna say Ensemble Studios, but they already had Age of Empires 1 and 2 by the time Microsoft acquired them. Then we got the shit cake that was Age of Empires 3.

Itchy-Examination-26 t1_iqzlgvb wrote

AoM was a fantastic game, though, and the AoE2 HD remake with Steam Workshop support is great.

sneakyxxrocket t1_ir0lus4 wrote

Only one that has been bad from what I’ve heard is 343 even though they have Xbox’s flagship exclusive title

le_king_falcon t1_ir0w2kf wrote

343 wasn't acquired. They were built by Microsoft as the Halo studio.

Their management sucks though. They've made some games that were a few better decisions away from being good games.

ShawnyMcKnight t1_iqzhrfn wrote

I just want Diablo 2 and 4 as well as overwatch 2 to be part of gamepass.

Brugor t1_iqzu62q wrote

Overwatch 2 is free-to-play.

ShawnyMcKnight t1_ir0ph4j wrote

Ugh, I don’t know if that’s good news or not… still, when Diablo gets on there and they have their $1 for 3 months deal I can power through both games and be done with them.