Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JablesMcgoo t1_iuir2hf wrote

"No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300."

-Ricky Bobby

- Elon Musk (probably)

StelioKontos117 t1_iuivjg0 wrote

“I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even five hundred would be pretty nice.” CEO Nwabudike Morgan

DaMuller t1_iuji5np wrote

Honestly, for me it isn't so much death but old age that scares me. 20 years of prime is just not enough.

Scary_Princess t1_iuk4kqd wrote

I think you can get a lot more than 20 years of prime particularly if you take good care of yourself. Even if you don’t take good care of yourself genetics can be kind.

I work in healthcare I see plenty of 50 year olds that there prime ended somewhere in there late 30’s early 40’s I also see plenty of 60/70 year olds who can be argued to still be in there prime. I know a 60 year old surgeon who still runs ultra marathons (50+ km).

Still I understand your sentiment death isn’t what scares me either but the feebleness and pain of old age.

Helliarc t1_iuiuzoq wrote

It's not entirely unrealistic to think that the oldest living human is alive today.

James-VanderGeek t1_iujt3wx wrote

Are you pulling a Jack Handy? That statement has been true since the beginning of humanity.

IAMSTILLHERE2020 t1_iujyqcr wrote

"Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?"

Sgt Major Dan Daly, USMC...tossing and turning on his grave.

jsgnextortex t1_iujeoff wrote

Honestly, I could live forever if I wanted to, but Im just lazy, I swear.