Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JaponesBaiano t1_iuk54ld wrote

Mr_Piddles t1_iukajfl wrote

I doubt it, consoles are easy mode for games. No fiddling with settings, you know that any game you get for an Xbox or PlayStation will run. It’s just too convenient for most people.

RayGun_zyz t1_iuk7nyb wrote

I think due to the competition between sony and microsoft, they will keep making them until consoles as a concept entirely fail. and even then microsoft is the only company who can afford to take some 10 year hit in hopes they monopolize the market. If this round fails then sure this may happen, but i have many friends who saved 700 bucks by buying a console instead of a pc so far.

I got a pc during covid and although i play it about every day i still like having my ps5 to play on occasionally because well, it was pretty cheap considering the specs you are getting with it. And i know i'm going to have it for 10+ years as long as it doesn't break. People harp on 60 fps but imo 60 fps is perfectly fine for story games and i've even found myself to prefer optimized 60 fps vs. uncapped fps quite a lot on some games. Hell bloodborne alone is a great example of even 30 fucking fps still cannot ruin a great game. It's annoying for sure, but optimized right it is not nearly as bad as people talk about because they are thinking of unoptimized fps on their pc.

Conclusion: lower fps does not look good on pc gaming, but lower fps can look just fine on console gaming that is optimized for that lower fps rate. This along with the cheap price point to play next gen games, consoles are still more alive than ever. I can understand if you have some beast of a pc. But those of us buying used 590s just to play games on pc, we would like to still get a console.

Geawiel t1_iuk8cn8 wrote

VR. I keep my PS5 mainly for VR. I don't have to go nuts to run a PCVR. PSVR 2 looking really good too. Wish there were more games, but I think that's just about around the corner. I'm already happy they're updating No Man's Sky.

ernyc3777 t1_iuk7bbq wrote

I would have thought that before Game Pass became so profitable. Xbox will have a Series S type console available even if Sonys gaming division somehow went under to reach the market of people who just want to plug and play games for cheap.

I hope we never get to that point. Sony and Microsoft make each other better by competition