Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

renothedog t1_iu0b1nl wrote

Step 1. Already be rich and financially secure in every way.

Cactusjack666226 t1_iu0fqis wrote

Was about to say,never seen “happy” and “warehouse” in the same sentence before.

Willinton06 t1_iu0fulb wrote

I’m happy cause I don’t work in a warehouse

flying-chandeliers t1_iu0v37y wrote

I’m happy when I drive to the wearhouse at the end of the day because it means I’m bouta pack up and fucken leave

PlankOfWoood t1_iu3wlvs wrote

You would be happy working in a warehouse if you got paid 18 dollars or more an hour and you were doing a easy job like shipping and receiving for eight to ten hours a day.

ChadMcRad t1_iu0nkn8 wrote

I have a master's in the life sciences and am looking at leaving my PhD. position. I would be making like $36,000-$40,000 most jobs that don't need a PhD. I honestly fantasize every day about working in a warehouse for similar wages than being miserable doing this shit with an advanced degree...

renothedog t1_iu0o1oz wrote

Have a friend who taught college, quit and entered corporate world where I worked. He double his salary and had so many fewer hours of work

ChadMcRad t1_iu6sl7o wrote

Academia is for insane people. Pay is often shit unless you hit tenure and you work 90 hour weeks. You have to be on a level of crazy to put up with that.

renothedog t1_iu76fij wrote

While reason he left. Am no one according to him is getting tenure anymore

[deleted] t1_iu0jaoj wrote

[deleted]

renothedog t1_iu0nwoa wrote

Same reason I despise shows like undercover boss. I’m always rooting they will do something stupid and get sucked into machinery