Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

beef-o-lipso t1_ixg0pca wrote

It's about f'ing time the FCC took action. Cut them off.

9-11GaveMe5G t1_ixg0qy5 wrote

For those that haven't followed the technical details behind the scourge of robocalls, this is the step that will actually do something. It's not known how long before we start seeing reductions because

> It may be that this company was just one of many shells set up to funnel mass calling operations into the U.S

d01100100 t1_ixfzozv wrote

Although it is the actual title of the article, some people may not know the slang term "86".

It's an old term for when someone is no longer welcome in a bar or restaurant.

> Global UC has been cut off

JeevesAI t1_ixgxopg wrote

I remember the thread where people said nothing would happen. I wonder where they are now. Also:

> Global UC provided no details, saying only “We are not needing this certification.” Oh … okay.

I can’t help but notice the present continuous tense grammar mistake, a common one among Indian ESL speakers. (It should be “we do not need…”)

SparkStormrider t1_ixhzxgb wrote

Global UC seems shady as fuck, when you read at the bottom of the article.

>It may be that this company was just one of many shells set up to funnel mass calling operations into the U.S., in which case its shutdown is probably not too consequential for the ones pulling the strings. It’s difficult to say, since as the FCC notes in its order, Global UC wasn’t very forthcoming about its operations. I’ve asked the FCC for a bit more detail on the company’s customers and will update if I hear back.