Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ArchangelRenzoku t1_iy6vai1 wrote

Thankfully Samsung's have SNotes for all this. If you have a Note, you don't even have to unlock or turn on your screen. Just remove the pen and start writing. :)

It's all oragnized, taggable and searchable but also syncs to the cloud so you never lose said notes. Sometimes OS's don't backup MMS messages (or correctly) and that would leave alot of your text conversation moot.

zR0B3ry2VAiH t1_iy6zx95 wrote

No, you should share all of your thoughts with us... umm.. I mean yourself... using this archaic unencrypted protocol.

hateitorleaveit t1_iy779vz wrote

I’d be very surprised to learn of a modern phone that doesn’t have notes and reminders

carlinhush t1_iy7htga wrote

Who still uses MMS?

ArchangelRenzoku t1_iy7hw7d wrote

Everyone who owns an iPhone or Android and communicates with the other ecosystem.

carlinhush t1_iy7ifcz wrote

What? I have not used or seen an MMS in years - maybe not even in this century. Everybody I know uses Whatsapp or Signal. TBH I wouldn't even know how to send an MMS

prozacandcoffee t1_iy837so wrote

If you send a message in Signal but both sides don't have it, it currently processes as an SMS/MMS. (I think that's changing soon.)

nebman227 t1_iy8y430 wrote

At least anecdotally in the US, no one I know uses a third party messaging app other than Snapchat, which is only some people I know - it's all iMessage/sms/mms.

ArchangelRenzoku t1_iy7j7ry wrote

I'm glad someone has privacy-conscious contacts out there.

Now if only both sides of my family would get on board... I would prefer Signal.