Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Fun_Ad_9878 t1_iwi0g27 wrote

>I think bitcoin is a little secondary to this conversation. Someone could convert X dollars to bitcoin and it's hard to track, but just taking X dollars out of an account needs to be accounted for just as if someone took it out to cash.

The expense could easily be itemized as a security expense. Data recovery expense. If they really wanted to get creative then they could list it as any old expense like employee's party or who knows what else. If a receipt is a problem then they can just pay said employee a bonus and he could convert it. There are plenty of ways. If the payment is done in conventional ways then it can be stopped usually.

LeastDescription4 t1_iwibztw wrote

In an unrelated note, do you know how invasive ASIC can be? Their "proactive surveillance" is fun.

Basically any financial company is well aware of the level of scrutiny behind stuff like this, so I wouldn't be surprised to see another government agency being given similar controls/access. Probably the OIAC I guess considering they already do the mandatory data breach reporting stuff.