Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

virtuesdeparture t1_ixvz24o wrote

Chemo for different cancers is going to be different too. My dad died of GBM 2.5 years ago, just a year after diagnosis. He was a personal trainer, in better shape than anyone I know, when he was diagnosed at 58 years old. 6 months later, he was a shell of himself and barely tolerating chemo. I’ve been watching dcvax since he was diagnosed, hoping they’d fast track fda approval and he could get it.

This is bittersweet.

mmmegan6 t1_ixw762w wrote

I’m so deeply sorry for your loss. How are you doing these days?

MazakeenSmith t1_ixx7net wrote

My sister died of GMB 4 months ago. She took part in a trial, not sure if it was this drug. She lived almost 3 years after diagnosis, and she never complained once. Happy to think that other families will get longer, but sad that it’s not our family.

H2AK119ub t1_ixwt3px wrote

> Chemo for different cancers is going to be different too. My dad died of GBM 2.5 years ago, just a year after diagnosis. He was a personal trainer, in better shape than anyone I know, when he was diagnosed at 58 years old. 6 months later, he was a shell of himself and barely tolerating chemo. I’ve been watching dcvax since he was diagnosed, hoping they’d fast track fda approval and he could get it. > >

Big hugs. Sorry for your loss.