Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DigitalParacosm t1_ixxa8uv wrote

“Who funds the studies? NIH? No problems there haha have you been boosted yet? You should get it again I hear that’s going very well.” -basednyourfknface420

That’s easy information to Google but I’ll help you out.

The drug, DCvax, was authorized to be used on anyone who could make it to Germany, not just for Germans but if you flew your ass to Germany with a glioblastoma, they would give you this vaccine as early as 2015. Easily a $200k treatment.

Germany’s toughest medical regulator, PEI, gave them a hospital exemption to administer this drug to patients who were in what you could call a terminal ward. That was like 7 years ago, man.

Germany is a country that rightfully laughs at our private medical corruption, and instead, they direct their resources to finding innovative treatments for their people. PEI only invested after the drug after it performed well in a hospital setting. I want you to imagine how a healthcare system could work without private corruption from insurance/big pharma. This country invested in this drug after presumably seeing it work in a very fucking grim setting. Imagine patients dying every 7, 30, 60, 90 days and now suddenly *they’re not * kind of shit.

Why would Germany offer to give a 200k therapy to not only their people, but foreign nationals as well? They have a healthcare system that works for their people, not a broken healthcare system that requires their people to die for it.

The conclusion we’re left with is either Germany spent millions of dollars to murder not only dying Germans, but everyone already dying with the most sinister brain tumor in the world, or, they’ve got a healthcare system that is agile enough to invest and deliver breakthrough medications to their people, and the world.

I’ve seen these patients die 10 months from diagnosis, and really the best we’ve got is a drug called Temodar which is like super-chemo injected into a reservoir anchored into your brain. If there is another option than that: sign me the fuck up.

Do you know what chemotherapy does to you? An oncologist once told me “i just give people poison.. and sometimes it works” - it’s a dark joke, but it accurately portrays the ineffectiveness of chemotherapy. He likened it to hammering a nail into your door frame with a sledgehammer, we got the mail in there fine, but we fucked your frame and door up in the process and the door might not quite close now. Chemo is the weatherstripping. he is not wrong. Chemotherapy isn’t targeted like these treatments are.

Why don’t you be anti-chemo, then you can sound smart instead of insane. You’re not safe from spreading disinformation on a technology subreddit: there are medical professionals here.