Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

doterobcn t1_iyd55fj wrote

Nobody is surprised...
And I guess, that's why Youtube TV is a thing, they're pushing to get some of those customers

andrewskdr t1_iyddv4q wrote

I dropped cable and signed up for YouTube tv instead. No more paying $10/mo for each cable box and I can stream it everywhere no problem. Seems great so far? I watch a lot of local news and sports

Code2008 t1_iydgdtp wrote

And you can share it with your family across the country!

locnessmnstr t1_iydifc7 wrote

Great for recording shows too with unlimited storage and the ability to download with offline play. I also am mooching off my parents paying the $70/mo or whatever so idk if I'd find the same value if I were paying

art_of_snark t1_iydffp0 wrote

You’re an ISP now, deal with it.

jimbojonesforyou t1_iydhp77 wrote

Cable TV... you get 5 channels of 24/7 "news," which is just talking heads and sensationalist crap. Oh and then you get another 10 channels of reality TV where I'm supposed to be interested in some random people's daily lives... no. Especially now with all the pirate sites streaming sports games there is absolutely no reason to want cable tv. Haven't had it since I lived in a college dorm 15 years ago.

aquarain t1_iye7j3o wrote

If you make your product suck so hard that amateur hour on YouTube for free is more entertaining, you should expect to lose customers.

justhereforass2 t1_iydamd0 wrote

It’s probably going to continue with this trend. Economy is looking shaky

monchota t1_iydmq45 wrote

Ony dumb people pay for ads, we need to force and keep it the this way. You pay, no ads, free it can have ads.

bakerton t1_iyf6vyi wrote

As a child of the 80's this actually used to be the selling point of cable. There were no ads! That lasted about 10 minutes until they realized not everyone was going to pay HBO prices for spike TV but for a little while it was glorious.

EaddyAcres t1_iydcmyj wrote

Ive never been willing to pay for cable service

Banea-Vaedr t1_iydfzyg wrote

Offer me something worth buying and I'll consider jt

Maze_of_Ith7 t1_iydhh3x wrote

It looks like my father’s war of the ages against Comcast, also known as The Evil Empire in his house, is going in the right direction.

I like the looks of the 5G wireless competitive threat.

Carbidereaper t1_iydvo4i wrote

The only problem is that many cable companies also own the internet infrastructure in Florida 4 years ago my choices for cable/internet were century link with 5mb dsl. bright-house. Comcast. And time Warner which was not bad considering what other people only have access to. Today now it’s just time Warner and Comcast because time Warner gobbled up fucking bright house and century link isn’t worth it because of the damn speed. So now I’m down from 4 service providers down to two until century link upgrades to fiber

bakerton t1_iyf79sw wrote

My cable company has a monopoly in our area and they make you buy at least a small five channel box for internet. They used to make you get a landline too. I wonder what cable subscriptions would look like if internet only was a real option.