Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mandogvan t1_ivmdybn wrote

> There were 1529.9 fires per 100k for gas vehicles and just 25.1 fires per 100k sales for electric vehicles.

I’ve been driving gas cars all my life. EVs are even safer than gas cars when it comes to fires.

I’m not saying your wrong about teslas compared to other EVs. But even so, this is statistically negligible. Gas cars are almost 2 orders of magnitude more dangerous and I ain’t worrying about them either.

pacific_beach t1_ivmgs66 wrote

−5

mandogvan t1_ivmhtra wrote

There are many on those charts with greater frequency of fires than teslas.

And to reiterate: ALL of this is negligible. A ram pickup is more than 2x more likely to catch on fire than a Tesla model X (according to your source). And I’m not afraid of driving a ram.

wildrussy t1_ivmjtqr wrote

Adding onto this: this only counts non-crash fires (a tiny, cherry-picked subset of vehicle fires).

pacific_beach t1_ivmmguy wrote

A RAM pickup is a small subset of FIAT models while 2 of 2 tesla vehicles that were eligible for this report are substantially higher than ICE to catch on fire.

Your claim that ICE catch on fire more often is total bullshit, tesla's are firebombs compared to aggregated ICE vehicles.

−1

MrChurro3164 t1_ivmtjli wrote

Can you explain your link? I’m looking at the ‘highest claim frequencies’ and the model S isn’t even on the list, and the X is behind the Jeep Renegade and just above the Jeep Cherokee and wrangler? (jfc I think Jeeps are the true firebombs here lol)

pacific_beach t1_ivmzsmg wrote

>Can you explain your link? I’m looking at the ‘highest claim frequencies’ and the model S isn’t even on the list, and the X is behind the Jeep Renegade and just above the Jeep Cherokee and wrangler? (jfc I think Jeeps are the true firebombs here lol)

Just search for tesla, you'll find them. And yes, don't buy a jeep (or tesla)