Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

tvfanatic1337 t1_ixq76nz wrote

Why didn’t they just release good software the first time. They have a lower standard for software because they rely on over the air updates as a crutch rather than developing it correctly the first time.

0KdQ6 t1_ixq7glv wrote

All manufacturers now do over the air patches. And none have yet been able to write bug free code.

tvfanatic1337 t1_ixq7mv8 wrote

Other companies don’t have as many over the air patches as Tesla. Tesla had a recall earlier this week for taillight software not working! This is the most basic thing, turning on a light, and they don’t even put care into that software even.

−3

thenoblitt t1_ixqsizw wrote

You have no idea what you're talking about

tvfanatic1337 t1_ixqz38j wrote

I pointed the above article out because it was just 3 days ago. If I pull up every Tesla recall since June when this Ford recall, I would hit the character limit of Reddit

tvfanatic1337 t1_ixqzc36 wrote

I have had a Honda for 8 years and never needed a software update for a recall and no major issues. It’s good engineering.

wheresmyspaceship t1_ixqjhr1 wrote

Even great software has bugs. No one in the history of ever will ever write bug free code.

SeaweedSorcerer t1_ixrshca wrote

In a lot of cases it’s something like “after building 50,000 of this thing and doing in factory acceptance testing/real world telemetry on them we’ve realized tolerance constant for sensor x should have been 0.054 instead of 0.057. We’ve changed it.” Software gets messy when it touches the real world.