Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JDublinson t1_ixuppog wrote

I recently completed constructing a Dyson swarm, only took 50 hours or so, I don’t see what the big deal is. Let’s get it done

kimjasony t1_ixv44vi wrote

I get about 4GW with swarms but my efficiency with photon generation is so low that my antimatter cells are not being produced fast enough. I eventually have to manually feed a few hydrogen fuel power plants to kickstart my planet. I'm limping to complete the sphere.

ThisFreaknGuy t1_ixxhnc4 wrote

I like your funny words, magic man

kimjasony t1_iy0aupp wrote

/r/dysonsphereprogram is great if you enjoy games like Factorio, Satisfactory and such. It is in early access. They added a lot of QoL, and biggest one is probably blueprints. You can cut paste people's saved blueprints into your came and it just works. Saves so much time. And it's also very pretty to look at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEpTaXRIhE0

Whereismytardis t1_iy2z9nz wrote

The real key in my experience is to build the sphere around an o type star big enough to encompass the innermost planet and the your photon generation is always active for the receivers on that planet. One planet around an average otype star can do 400ish gigawatts of photon output. From there you'll never have a power problem unless it's rod subcomponent related (not photons though obviously). This methodology got me to 150 antimatter rods a minute before my framerates started to crumble

2Punx2Furious t1_ixww3hs wrote

Which game?

JDublinson t1_ixwxvjw wrote

Dyson Sphere Program. It’s a good one if you like factory building games — not quite as perfect as Factorio is but it’s really good.