Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Championship-Stock t1_ixy53b6 wrote

Meanwhile in Italy, the cost of installing solar panels exceeds 3k per kw, while the average wage is about 1.6k per month. Just put solar panels on every roof, you clowns and then we talk about space solar panels.

GWtech t1_ixyfcl3 wrote

Or you can just buy 3 100 watt solar panels on Amazon for $89 each and nail them to the side of your house or the top of your shed and buy a 10 amp hour lithium iron phosphate battery for $30 and buy a inverter which is going to be able to run your window air conditioner or your other daily implements or charge all your devices or keep your computer running during the day when you're awake and actually using it. All for less than $500.

Championship-Stock t1_ixzdn3f wrote

Oh, I agree. I plan to install a 7kw system myself, although it’s hard to get someone for the certification. But I just wanted to let you know where Europes heart actually is. Especially in Italy and Spain which have a stupid amount of light available all year. Space solar panels, smh..

GWtech t1_iy97mx4 wrote

Or you could just skip certification and mount the panels on the ground outside or above a little shock you built and run a gorilla cord from your inverter into the window of your house and run whatever you want it off that cord and never ever tie into the grid. In fact I highly recommend people don't tie into the grid for their first solar installation. If you tied into the grid you have a whole lot more cost and you lose some Independence if the grid goes down and you've got a lot of people monitoring what you're doing. If you just have a large thick extension cord running from your solar panels and an outdoor inverter to go into your window then that can be considered a temporary use which you can do with what you want.