Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_iy0bpjl wrote

All funded by the American taxpayers money

Mazcal t1_iy0gam8 wrote

No, it isn’t. Though I’m sure the US will line up to buy those systems, same as Elbit’s other very successful platforms for fighter jet HUDs and whatever else.

[deleted] t1_iy0hs9b wrote

Military aid is never specific, you’ll never know what goes where

Here’s an article to read:

https://www.bbc.com/news/57170576

−4

Mazcal t1_iy0iy6z wrote

You’re hilarious. As you live in Saudi Arabia I can imagine you can’t know much about how it works, but I’ve actually been involved in purchasing with US aid funding and can tell you it’s extremely specific. Almost all of Israel’a funding comes in the shape of “credit” which can only be used in tenders against US manufactured and sold products, in the US. It is means for the US to fund and subsidise its own industrial - not like the humanitarian aid which Gaza gets that can be spent as cash.

For any product where R&D is funded by the US, it is again for US benefit and only when these systems would eventually be manufactured in the US by Americans, such as parts of Iron Dome and the IMI Tavor.

Funny enough, Saudi Arabia also benefits from this and is lining up to buy air defence systems as well.

nyaaaa t1_iy2gykl wrote

Did you know, when you don't have to spend on something, you have the money you would have needed to spend on that, left to spend on something else?

Weird eh.

[deleted] t1_iy0k8po wrote

I gave you a source, and yours is believe me bro

Anyways, saudi pays for its military equipments, unlike israel, even if it was manufactured in the us, it is payed by the taxpayers, it’s like big military companies use israel to funnel taxpayers money into their pockets, while also israel benefit by getting equipments to kill children

No matter how you put it, the taxpayers pay

−5

Mazcal t1_iy0krsa wrote

No, they do not, and nothing in your BBC article says what you mentioned. I have you verifiable facts and you recite propaganda. Cheers “bro”

Ataraxia25 t1_iy0m3km wrote

If you cliked on the links and checkd the sources of the article you'd have seen that report by the Congressional Research Service mentions Elbiet everal times several times in https://sgp.fas.org/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

And according to CNN Saudi Arabia paid $500 million to the US military

Also Ad Hominem is a logical fallacy- like it shouldn't matter who said it - you should judge Ideas on their merit alone.

−5

Mazcal t1_iy0n8b6 wrote

Yes, and I have friends who worked in Elbit too. Projects are funded individually, when they are meant to be produced in the US or when they benefit American weapon platforms such as fighter HUD systems which I have mentioned. It doesn’t mean that this project gets any US funding, and if it did, it wouldn’t be for the drones deployed by the IDF. The IDF is a separate entity than Elbit - a company from which the IDF will need to buy systems just like any other country.

I did not attack anyone ad hominem - I said he recited propaganda when saying that Israel buys drones for the sole purpose of killing children - which is kindergarten level propaganda. There is no merit to that claim.

Ataraxia25 t1_iy0y9uy wrote

But their point is still valid- The US govt gives money to this company - this company makes it easier for Isreal to commit human rights violations- one of those is killing children. Like I you can remian ignorant and try to split hairs but logic always wins in the end, you can tell your friends as Elbit that too.

−4