Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

011010001101001 t1_iy7wlk6 wrote

>...a generative AI will respond with “2+2=4.” But that’s not because it has an internal algorithm, like a calculator, that has processed your request. It has just deduced from the entirety of the internet that the most likely answer to 2+2 is indeed 4. In this particular case, it’s also factually correct.

Didn't we already try something this with MS's chatbot AI and Meta's BlenderBot3, turning them into racist sexists? I wonder what controls they have in place now to avoid what we all know the internet will do these AI.

[deleted] t1_iyaudwf wrote

Consensus does not equate to being right. I find it odd that it’s mentioned as factually correct.

Amiga-Juggler t1_iyccty4 wrote

I get the feeling we are not going to get a Skynet moment because we actually get a Skynet, but because people will believe it’s Skynet.

Sea-Woodpecker-610 t1_iya7uq3 wrote

“A man who’s future yacht purchase is wrapped up in AI products his company is invested in wants you to be very interested in the future of the products his company produces.”

GoldWallpaper t1_iy8yf43 wrote

If you want to convince me of the value and future of a given technology, the absolute worst way to do it is by reading an article by a CEO.

Researchers, yes. Scientists, yes. Random programmers, sure.

CEOs, lol.

> Erol Toker is the founder and CEO of Truly, a hyperautomation platform built for revenue teams.

LOL!