Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GWtech t1_ixydxxv wrote

When you been reading consumer scientific publications and websites like I have for 20 or 30 years you see the same stories recycled over and over. And every new generation that comes up thinks it's a new innovation. The only thing that I can remember is actually progressed greatly and this includes stories like biodegradability and flying cars and cancer cures is actually solar panels. Solar panels are one of the few things that have actually increased and changed in such a huge degree over that. Of time as to make a huge difference. I'll add to that battery technology. You have small devices that can run for long times independently because battery technology is improved probably 100 times in the past 20 years.

But all these stories about biodegradability and cancer cures and new fuel sources from recondensing all kinds of waste etc etc and wind power and everything else and unfortunately the cancer cures that are going to be derived from your immune system learning to attack cancer rather than body cells well their stories that are recycled over and over and apparently continue to generate money from venture capitalists who I guess didn't see the same story 10 years ago.

That's just a little long-term experience perspective. I remember the molar flying car from the 1980s that appeared on the cover of popular science or popular mechanics magazine once a year. It always sold magazines. We still don't and never will have flying cars because no one wants a million people flying over your head in their own personal car.