Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jas26 OP t1_j0txyic wrote

With updated Search features released ahead of the World Cup, Google made it easier for users to keep up with the action. Searching "World Cup" showed a dedicated section at the top with a list of upcoming matches, for instance, including dates and local times. You could also set up notifications on mobile for specific teams by tapping the bell icon and choosing the squad you wanted to follow.

Crasher_7 t1_j0u1dio wrote

I’m surprised World Cup did not crash twitter though, with the state that it’s in…

dbearborg t1_j0va52o wrote

Who cares was maybe a bit strong, but still, I can't do anything about it, you can't do anything about it, 99% of the people watching can't do anything about it. Can't spend life worrying about stuff we have zero control over. Heck, 6.5k is tiny compared to the amount of people killed by COVID at the hands of western governments for not implementing lockdown measures faster.

Let's take a look at the USA and Mexico's (the next world cup hosts) record on both human rights and killing people either directly or in-directly over the years and the picture doesn't look much better.

I'm guessing it's only the Qataris that you have an issue with though?

−7

Blastie2 t1_j0vtzvz wrote

Totally, they just built a new stadium in Santa Clara and I bet they must have killed tens of thousands of migrant workers in slave-like conditions doing that. Both sides here are exactly the same.

BobbyPayne t1_j0xgzm9 wrote

I was looking for the aregntinan girl who flashed her tits in the stadium after they won.

peepeedog t1_j0y3si3 wrote

The most common searches in the US being:

• why is soccer called football
  • where is Argentina
  • what does mbappe mean in English