Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dead_alchemy t1_j1btm82 wrote

Too many counter examples of polls going against the wishes of the poller to assume this is a wide spread practice.

What makes you think it is likely? Aside from a sense of cynicism. Talking evidence.

sigmabody t1_j1c2e9b wrote

I have no inside evidence of what's going in within Twitter (thankfully).

However, based on a pattern of behavior, I would have absolutely no reason to believe Elon would not alter any poll where the result might be significant to him (and to be clear, to date, there have not really been any such). I also think people read significance into decisions which really don't have much (eg: whoever would be the CEO of Twitter would report to the owner anyway, so whether or not that's Elon is largely immaterial to how Twitter would be run). It's not that I think there's a magnitude of evidence to suggest alteration of any poll is likely per se; it's that I think there's a complete lack of evidence that it wouldn't happen (if meaningful), and there's no reason to assume or ascribe some fantasy of integrity and/or impartiality within Twitter at this point. It's honestly laughable.

dead_alchemy t1_j1ch4hh wrote

Ok, fair enough, narrowed down to “this particular company with this particular guy” I can only plead no contest.