Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DasDunXel t1_iz4njdd wrote

Their profits are already insane high they could easily still make profits with the same price point but being built in a more developed and educated country. They could even lower the cost of their devices by a lot. Problem is they want the most profit they can get. And their customers have proven time and time again they don't care the cost of human lives or their paycheck they want apple. The modern day Blood Diamond.

[deleted] t1_iz5999g wrote

What's your source? All of my sources talk about the usual 30% of margin.

−6

lilrabbitfoofoo t1_iz5cvbv wrote

What's YOUR source?!

To ignore the fact that Apple's entire business model post-Jobs has been to increase profits per unit every single quarter is either disingenous or utterly clueless.

https://fourweekmba.com/how-much-profit-does-apple-make-per-iphone/

>It costs Apple $501 to make an iPhone 14 Pro Max, and the company sells it at a base price of $1099. This makes Apple’s base markup on the latest iPhone model at 119%

[deleted] t1_iz5dsbp wrote

>>It costs Apple $501 to make an iPhone 14 Pro Max, and the company sells it at a base price of $1099. This makes Apple’s base markup on the latest iPhone model at 119%

Pretty dumb of you to account only for the BOM and not R&D, marketing, logistics and all that comes with a product.

https://irishtechnews.ie/the-secret-to-apples-iphone-margins-and-why-it-is-arguing-for-a-value-add-approach-to-trade/

Here's your source.

−3

lilrabbitfoofoo t1_iz5e7i6 wrote

Ignoring the fact that nothing in your link contradicts the information I provided, your own link makes it clear that no matter how you choose to measure it, Apple makes 3-10x as much per unit (your 30% figure) as other electronic brands (single digit)...even after accounting for everything and anything involved.

[edited for clarity and to keep this discussion from descending to your level of discourse]

[deleted] t1_iz5evhm wrote

My own link clearly says 30%, just like every other serious breakdown.

It's more than average but it's not 150% like people who parrot an unfounded internet myth say.

−1

lilrabbitfoofoo t1_iz5fc61 wrote

I edited my post for clarity. You should re-read and do accordingly.

>it's not 150% like people who parrot an unfounded internet myth say.

That's a strawman because it's not something I said. Please stay on topic and address my post, not what you heard on the tubes somewhere, please.

−1