Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TheCriticalAmerican t1_j16ikum wrote

What exactly is the end game, here? Musk seems to be literally pissing off every one, except for MAGA Supporters who claim this is all 5D Chess to take on the Deep State and own Woke Liberals. Because, that is a winning business strategy....

PolyDudeNYC t1_j16kbly wrote

When my number got banned on tinder I used google voice number as my number to verify. Blocking google voice is probably just to crack down on ban evading.

cuates_un_sol t1_j16oa42 wrote

Bots too, I reckon.

I've only ever had a google voice number, and since (at least a few years ago) haven't been able to authenticate or log in to a number of services, including facebook, instagram (owned by facebook, even though I could authenticate with whatsapp :shrug:)

voidsrus t1_j17hxe4 wrote

i don't think this is new, i've seen it block google voice numbers in the past

photonnymous t1_j17lt63 wrote

Google voice numbers are pretty much all poisoned from being used on various services. The times I tried to use them I end up with so many spam texts and calls it's not worth it.

pguyton t1_j18mh37 wrote

When I bought my car from a dealership I used a google voice number on the paperwork , best move I ever did , they call soooooo much for no good reason

PolyDudeNYC t1_j19su8e wrote

I was trying to use the tinder api to create a bot that would learn which photos you swiped left on vs swiped right and then could swipe for you automatically based on the learned preferences.