Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Jackleme t1_j1uoubp wrote

tbh, on my pixel phone I have found the assistant to be immensely useful.

There are 3 big features: Call screen, hold for me, and on screen menu navigation.

I have my call screen set to screen any number that isn't in my contacts. The assistant answers the phone, and if it is a known fingerprinted scam call, it tells them I am not interested, and hangs up. If it is a person talking that it doesn't recognize, it passes them through.

Hold for me basically sits on hold for you, and tells you when the person picks up on the other end.

On screen menu navigation is when you call a place where you have to push 1, 2, etc, and the phone just lists out the options on screen... it is very nice.

​

I also use the routines to program a lot of stuff in my house. I also wear a cpap mask, so being able to tell the assistant to shut off the light in 2 minutes as I am trying to get my mask adjusted and my stuff sorted is REALLY nice.

​

I do, however, find touch controls for things like music on my buds way better then asking the assistant to do something.

overall, I find it to be more useful then annoying. I also am a HUGE fanboy of the pixel phones... they aren't the best hardware, and not necessarily the best software... but man is the software just easy to use and not a pain to deal with.