Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Cranky0ldguy t1_j5qt55p wrote

Wow! Nice failure to protect your own mission-critical data.

cesiuum t1_j5rv21t wrote

People need to dump this service. From memory this isn't the first time they had a security breach and lost customer data.

flaagan t1_j5sn4ee wrote

And use what?

No, seriously. GoToMyPC has been very straightforward and useful for our small company for remoting in when people have had to stay home during the pandemic or were in general away from the office and needed access to their desktop.

RealPersonResponds t1_j5t30gn wrote

I use a strictly offline encrypted password manager, no cloud services, no internet connection permissions.

xNaquada t1_j5tdxfn wrote

I honestly don't understand people that use products from this company still, after the breaches and code base intrusions. The fuck are you doing, change vendors.

Hyperion1144 t1_j60tuco wrote

Why? It'll just happen to the next vendor too.

I literally cannot name a healthcare organization that I have interacted with in the last 20 years that hasn't compromised my data in some way.

This is beyond the ability of the "self-regulating" free market to solve. This needs laws, standards, enforcement agencies, and penalties for corporations.

This isn't a "me" problem, and I therefore cannot be the only solution.

xNaquada t1_j60wsbo wrote

I don't disagree with regulation. But if you think this company has had the same amount of breaches as others you are mistaken.

Not all companies are equal, there is such thing as a badly managed company. This is it.