Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TrippieBled t1_j6b2tu4 wrote

Lol, it objectively wasn’t. A stock going down does not mean it’s a bad investment. You’ d know that if you had any clue about this topic.

−1

NorthImpossible8906 t1_j6b3eaa wrote

hi,

yes a stock losing 50% of its value over a year is absolutely inarguably a bad investment. Super super super bad investment. If I am not clear, let me explain again. Really very terrible horrible no good investment.

It is absolutely 100% impossible to spin losing 50% into a "great" investment. Not possible at all. Nope.

So, yeah, both of us are having a good laugh at this poster who is trying to brag about their Tesla investment.

TrippieBled t1_j6ba2jk wrote

>yes a stock losing 50% of its value over a year is absolutely inarguably a bad investment.

No it’s not. Stocks go up and down. It’s not really an issue if you get in early and DCA when you can.

No one is trying to spin anything. You’re just wrong and you don’t realize that because, as I said, you’re incredibly ignorant about this topic. And have a myopic view on what investing is and how it works.

The thing is, if this was 2021 you wouldn’t say anything. You’re only suddenly an expert and certain about your beliefs because, in the moment, things seems to confirm your biases. But once Tesla goes back up (because it is a certainty that it will) you’re going to be kicking and screaming, like the moron you are, because you didn’t DCA when people more intelligent and educated than you told you to.

NorthImpossible8906 t1_j6bav6q wrote

> No it’s not. Stocks go up and down

not 50%

>But once Tesla goes back up

a fantasy about the future does not give me (or anyone) much confidence in your understanding of how investments work.

> But once Tesla goes back up

I'm repeating that.

> you’re going to be kicking and screaming,

No I'm not. Lots of companies make large gains. I don't cry like a baby when one does.

> when people more intelligent

those are rare

> more educated than you

that's not possible

> people more intelligent and educated than you

there is a high probability that you are neither.

[deleted] t1_j6bcm0z wrote

[removed]

TrippieBled t1_j6bfyf5 wrote

Stocks, can absolutely lose half their value. They can also recover it. If you didn’t know that, then it’s pretty clear you aren’t educated about this topic. And if you think Tesla going back up is a fantasy (already up 70% from the beginning of the month) then it’s clear you aren’t very intelligent.

−1