Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DespicablePickle69 t1_j300eel wrote

I have a roku from Walmart that also gets all its content wirelessly. I don't see why this is a big deal.

−4

Stenotic t1_j30zcyb wrote

LoLs, no, this is a brand new technology for transmitting AV from an input box that takes HDMI inputs and can be positioned up to 30 feet away from the TV. So no HDMI cables going to the TV etc.

DespicablePickle69 t1_j3jftps wrote

...... And? Yawn.

Stenotic t1_j3jptoy wrote

The data bandwidth it's transmitting is probably like 15 times faster and larger than what your TV is able to get for streaming.

DespicablePickle69 t1_j3jyguc wrote

So? Am I supposed to be impressed? You're a silly fan boy lol

Stenotic t1_j3kbayn wrote

Don't give a shit if you're impressed or not. Just informing you of facts you were apparently completely ignorant of. I am indeed a fan of technology. It can make our lives better and help our loved ones live longer.

DespicablePickle69 t1_j3kd6b3 wrote

You can't actually be seriously suggesting that a wireless tv makes you live longer?

Look, I love tech too. I'm typing this on my iPhone while I listen to electronic music on my air pods in my home lit with electricity and heated with climate control. It's grand. That said, I still don't see why this is some sort of a technological leap forward, it feels like so much marketing fluff from a mega corp and about such things, I give exactly zero fucks.

Stenotic t1_j3kgxqs wrote

You know I wasn’t suggesting that, you asked that “question” just to be contrarian and argumentative. The funny thing is I never said I wanted to buy one of these TVs, because I don’t and likely never will. I generally prefer everything to be cabled for the absolute highest quality and lowest latency. I just find the direction interesting. You don’t find this interesting because you don’t understand the difference between what these TVs are doing with ultra low latency, ultra high bandwidth AV and when your your TV is receiving shitty low quality high latency streaming from Netflix. Some people can’t tell the difference between a 60 frames per second and 240 hz or between the video compression on streaming vs. a Blu Ray…. When there is a fucking huge difference and it’s easy to see.

DespicablePickle69 t1_j3kjaz5 wrote

I know well the difference, my main setup is likely better than yours lol

That said, my point remains. This is no technological leap and is instead a meager attempt by LG to peddle some pointless advance that nullifies all the quality you spoke of in your comment.

The point that it's wireless means exactly zero, and that's literally the entire point of the OP.

Again, meh.