Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TheJadedSF t1_j5zakm3 wrote

I hope they deploy these ASAP. Can't take any more of these lowlifes who need attention by disturbing the peace with noise pollution.

pjx1 t1_j5zo940 wrote

Loud cars are nowhere near the issue that motorcycles are for being loud PIA's.

Ha_window t1_j5zurkp wrote

Obnoxiously loud modded cars was my primary motivation for joining r/fuckcars. Stayed for the city planning though.

I know it's sometimes obnoxious, but people who criticize a group for its most polarizing members never had genuine interest in engaging in a discussion.

Ha_window t1_j5zvi3t wrote

Punishing disruptive behavior in public spaces shared by pedestrians, businesses, homes and cars.

LITERALLY 1984

Yeah, I'm sorry, but automating regulation of traffic laws wont turn the country into a dystopian nightmare.

technofuture8 t1_j60jckx wrote

Ah yes the government putting up listening devices all over the city, we are going down the slippery slope to 1984.

−1

giraffe_hombre t1_j60knit wrote

But it might not obtain the goal you want. I love the idea of having quieter streets free from loud vehicles, but the automation of punishments for things like noise levels can be problematic. Some intense math would have to be done to even determine what is considered too loud since there is a wide variety of vehicles on the road. It would be a challenge.

flaagan t1_j621532 wrote

Wait... you joined them to complain about a group's most polarizing members... but you think people who do just that aren't interested in actually improving the situation?

flaagan t1_j621elw wrote

Yup, but they'll never go after them, just like they don't chase them down for speeding. Had a motorcycle cop pull me over when I was going the same speed as the rest of traffic, but refused to comment on the motorcyclist that had just blown past him doing what I would estimate is 20+ mph faster than the rest of traffic. Cop sure loved grinning about pulling over a Corvette, though.