Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SeanJuan t1_j985kur wrote

If this sub starts getting crushed with a bunch of Hello Tomorrow articles it's definitely astroturfing. Happens every time Apple puts out a new show.

−19

Saar13 t1_j98dfnb wrote

Name me a Disney or WBD/HBO show that doesn't get a ton of posts here when it's on the air. There are daily threads of The Last of Us and nobody complains. It even seems that this is exclusive to some company. Naive.

SeanJuan t1_j98ggtk wrote

Tons of HBO shows go unhyped on here. Nothing on Disney does because it's all star wars and Marvel which reddit will gladly market for free.

−12

mongotron t1_j98u61k wrote

I don’t agree with your astroturfing point, but maybe it feels that way because everything Apple are releasing is original work not based on an existing franchise. Some of us find that exciting.

prism1234 t1_j996e4q wrote

Or maybe quirky prestige sci-fi shows like this and Severance are just the type of show the demographics of this subreddit would like. Not exactly rocket science that nerdy television fans would enjoy those shows.

felixsapiens t1_j9a62vs wrote

Bizarrely I don’t think I’ve sensed much of that. I’ve mainly seen lots of genuine posts by people who are just enjoying the stuff on AppleTV+ because it’s genuinely (perhaps even surprisingly) almost all absolutely excellent (and when it’s not excellent, it’s at least “good.”)