Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

hc600 t1_jaai13g wrote

Ok but why do his powers allow him to coerce the founder into making him a consultant under a contract but to not also appoint him to the board?

Like, I understand perfectly what you are saying. It’s still lazy writing for the writers to make it seem like a consulting contract is important when it would have no impact on the line of succession in the event the CEO and board member dies. Like, it’s just silly to show him forcing the founder to do it with ominous music and a blow job when that’s the wrong legal document! Like, that doesn’t seem like something that gets explained later. That seems like the writers think that corporate succession is super complicated and mysterious and don’t know you can usually just look it up on the Secretary of State of the state’s your in’s website and see!

It’s like if he used his powers to make them turn off the water to turn off the computer servers. That’s the wrong utility! The servers run on electricity! Even if he’s magic, words still have to have meaning or else the whole thing is incoherent.

It’s the same kinda bad writing as late game of thrones where a character is supposed to be clever because they surprise people with an army, but really it’s just the other characters being dumb by not having scouts. If you’re gonna write a show about medieval style warfare, it’s bad writing to not know the basics of how it works. And if you’re gonna write a show set in California, where the entire plot is a random magic man taking over a company, maybe spend some time googling it? Instead of using terms that don’t even mean what you seem to think they mean.

SQUID_FUCKER t1_jaajwpx wrote

lol you're faulting the show bad writing when you literally didn't even watch it! This is seriously ridiculous. There is absolutely no point in arguing with you, you have no idea what you're talking about. Half of your complaints don't even make sense within the context of the show.

hc600 t1_jaakkjw wrote

Ok so in what episode do they explain why he forced the founder to sign a contract making him a consultant but didn’t bother to force him to sign a written consent or resolution putting him on the board? Or explaining why he allowed the two employees to investigate him, but magically made them too stupid to look up the bylaws or call the company’s lawyer? In what episode do they explain why the company has no HR and no lawyers?

SQUID_FUCKER t1_jaamdjv wrote

>Like, I understand perfectly what you are saying.

No, you clearly don't.

>It’s still lazy writing for the writers to make it seem like a consulting contract is important when it would have no impact on the line of succession in the event the CEO and board member dies. Like, it’s just silly to show him forcing the founder to do it with ominous music and a blow job when that’s the wrong legal document! Like, that doesn’t seem like something that gets explained later.

Well, yes, it does get explained later, for the most part. But if you're going to nitpick wether or not it was the correct legal document instead of just going with the idea of what is going on then you're just looking for faults and were never going to enjoy it.

Almost none of your very specific complaints are actually relevant to the show beyond just being mad about minute details that have no bearing on the themes or story.

> why he forced the founder to sign a contract making him a consultant but didn’t bother to force him to sign a written consent or resolution putting him on the board?

Since, for some reason, I can't respond to the person below me who said I didn't know what I was talking about, I'll address that here:

The company is literally failing because Sang doesn't know what he's doing. There are several conversations about this and how everyone is in shock that he was not only running the company into the ground but hadn't put any safeguards in place.

Accurate-Sprinkles-9 t1_jaaqour wrote

you're literally talking out your ass man, they don't explain those things. the whole company runs in ways that make no sense before Waltz shows up. it's like the people who came up with the story only know about companies from tv

−1