Submitted by Drobertson5539 t3_111mlqx in television

Before you downvote me, hear me out.

So I am watching this show for the first time and for reference am close to finishing season 3. My thoughts on it first and foremost are it is a good, solid show. They nail the realism as everyone praises it for. It's entertaining throughout and some of the dialogue is very high level.

The issue I have with the show is it's very anticlimactic, and while that may be true to the real world, it doesn't make for as entertaining a TV show as the other greats it often gets mentioned with. This is the largest problem with the show.

Honestly, as many other greats before it, it just feels outdated at this point and has not aged well. The intro is low quality which is something that has really changed in modern TV. Most characters aren't very likeable. Which again, while maybe realistic, makes for a worse TV show with a few exceptions.

It really matters how we judge shows though ultimately, for its time I do think it was great. However, it is no longer and I believe it rides on nostalgia. Compare that to the other goats(breaking bad, sopranos, dexter, etc) that are commonly mentioned and they all hold up better.

I also think this is a testament to how much TV has improved. Especially in the mid/late 2000's.

So anyways, what do you guys think? Do you disagree? Anything I'm missing?

Edit to add: before thrashing me please read that I do say it's a good show. I'm not saying it's awful I'm saying it isn't as good as the other GOATS. that's not a huge criticism tbh and it feels like people think I'm dogging it

Comments