Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

moonstrous t1_jddfkwp wrote

Man, I loved his Star Wars novels as a kid. Michael Reaves was so inventive and genre savvy... the MedStar duology was M.A.S.H. set during the Clone Wars, and it was awesome.

Coruscant Nights was a great series weaving in and out of the criminal underworld, focusing on relatively "street-level" characters and their personal stories.

That's something Star Wars could do with a lot more of, when you contrast Andor's success with... whatever the hell the Mando Cinematic Universe has become.

Here's hoping some of Reaves' material gets a proper adaptation. RIP, and thank you for all of the wonderful stories.

sasquatch727 t1_jdeyb7d wrote

My copy of "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter" has been read so many times the pages fell off the spine. This dude was my hero at 12-13 years old. Very sad to hear he's gone.

sethlovesyou t1_jdgnj6s wrote

The Coruscant Nights books were some of the best EU at the time! I never saw them talked about much but they were really legitimately good

brettmgreene t1_jdeo1nd wrote

The Mandalorian season three opener was so bad. The show has zero depth and I can't explain why it's become such a phenomenon.

−1