Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

batman42a t1_jcuymqu wrote

The TNG one (cause and effect) is my personal favorite, and probably a top episode of the entire show for me.

grimmglow t1_jcv6jtf wrote

Yes! Great episode. The end always makes me question why Frasiers crew never developed Deja vu like the Enterprise crew.

MandoFett117 t1_jcvjlof wrote

I feel like they did, they just didn't have Data there. Without Data, nothing was able to be fully realized, so it just got brushed off.

imsorryisuck t1_jcxyinq wrote

yeah! it was so eerie! it played almost like a horror movie.

shf500 t1_jcyi6bf wrote

This came out before the movie Groundhog Day and was my first introduction to the "time repeating" plot.

dbcanuck t1_jczv4pb wrote

One of the greatest Star Trek episodes of all time.

_Face t1_jcvsioz wrote

Hey! Feel free to join a new Trek sub, r/Star_Trek_! It was a great episode. Kelsey Grammer guest starred as Captain Morgan Bateson.

−4

Stillwater215 t1_jcw0v1v wrote

That was a great guest character who should have been given a follow up episode. Or really any follow up from a whole crew finding themselves flung into the future.

_Face t1_jcw2gky wrote

Yes. It would have been excellent had he been given more screen time. Or a follow up role. Problem becomes crediting the original writes of the episode who created the character.

I just looked and it appears Brannon Braga wrote it. Should have been no problem to have him use his own character in a follow up episode.

I’ve read 2 Star Trek books one was Ship of the Line, and it follows Captain Bateson after he returned to “current” time. I thought it was great.