Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Electronic_Impact t1_jeaicqu wrote

Brutal and dark series but i'm waiting.

chilloutfam t1_jebcncr wrote

how does this show compare overall to Sons of Anarchy?

Main-Calligrapher-91 t1_jecst6u wrote

It's not great. It has moments where you think it's going to get really good, but then they drop the ball.

MouthJob t1_jee3tkp wrote

So kind of like Sons of Anarchy. Did Kurt Sutter do this also? Kinda starting to feel like he's the Zack Snyder of television.

Main-Calligrapher-91 t1_jee4j8y wrote

Yeah, Sutter did the first two seasons and then he was fired.

The show has always been about the Mayans and a Cartel and there are just way too many storylines going on all the time.

MouthJob t1_jee4vgb wrote

That's kind of interesting. Quality of his shows aside, everyone from SoA seemed to love him. I wonder what changed.

chilloutfam t1_jeeiku7 wrote

oh wow, he was fired?! sons of anarchy started of great, and had its moments in later seasons...but ultimately was underwhelming. i won't lie, that dude take some big risks in storytelling and I guess that's why i appreciate him.

Dramatic_Purple186 t1_jecczu0 wrote

It's the okay woke version. If you love SOA you may like it. I only watch it since there's no more SOA.

−35

naofloart t1_jecg97m wrote

How does this even fit the woke narrative? Your brain must be fried

Dramatic_Purple186 t1_jecko2r wrote

You obviously haven't seen it as it checks all the boxes. Only those who don't use a period at the end of a sentence have a fried brain.

−29

BedDefiant4950 t1_jectvar wrote

what are the boxes

what actually is "wokeness" per your calculus

Dramatic_Purple186 t1_jecwzx6 wrote

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

−22

BedDefiant4950 t1_jecyi7m wrote

if you can't substantiate what it is you have an issue with, how can you even be sure it's a real complaint

BurnDownAllReligion t1_jed6s8u wrote

Imagine being unable to enjoy modern entertainment because you've spent too much time browsing kotakuinaction. lmao

Enjoy being a miserable human being obsessed with the bullshit culture wars! You sound like a really, really fun person to hang out with /s