Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Red_Redditor_Reddit t1_jdsu60r wrote

>As others have mentioned, just because you have no use for it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist for the others who want it.

All I'm asking is what that reason is. If I knew what that reason was I wouldn't be asking. I'm not saying you here, but I don't understand why nobody answers my question and talks like a horses butt.

>And I'm not sure why you seem to care so much.

I'm just wondering.

−5

BranWafr t1_jdt0o0i wrote

I literally gave you an answer. Not everyone can afford high speed internet and streaming, or has access to it.

Red_Redditor_Reddit t1_jdt8me5 wrote

But you didn't. Not everyone can afford it, but that's not most people. Not everyone lives in the city, but most do. Furthermore, OTA depends on advertiser revenue. If these people are that poor, what money are they making?

BranWafr t1_jdtardr wrote

I'm sorry you seem to be too dense to understand, but you HAVE been given many answers. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept for you to grasp.

> Not everyone lives in the city, but most do.

Roughly 80% of the US lives in urban areas, but that still leaves 20% who do not. They watch TV, too. OTA often is the best option for them.

> If these people are that poor, what money are they making?

Just because they don't make enough to pay $200 a month for internet and/or cable doesn't mean they make no money at all. Someone on a fixed income still buys products. In fact, they probably buy many of the products advertised on local stations.

You seem to be stuck on the idea that just because a pay option exists that everyone should choose that option. But many people would rather get it for free. I'm surprised you aren't asking "why do libraries exist when you can buy books on Amazon?"

Red_Redditor_Reddit t1_jdteq7w wrote

Who the hell pays $200 a month for internet, especially in the city??

I would ask about libraries too if they were a commercial venture.

No. I never got a proper response. All I got was hate filled comments telling me how either poor people can't afford it or rural folk just can't get internet. That isn't most people. Most people aren't even watching OTA for over a decade or two. Most weren't even responses. They were just these hate messages blasted at me from the start. There was no reason for the behavior I saw from this board.