Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DMPunk t1_jcktvar wrote

Its interesting that they're leaning so heavily on DS9 for this season when little bits of plot and dialogue suggests that the writers haven't actually watched DS9. Like in this week's episode where Riker says the Maquis aren't the enemy anymore. Which is technically true, but an odd way to phrase it since the Maquis were exterminated by the Jem'Hadar. They're not the enemy anymore because they're all dead. And Riker's statement that Changelings can only do surface details but not the deeper changes, which is just straight up not true. Maybe it's just that Riker is a complete idiot?

guiltyofnothing t1_jclcanx wrote

I mean, Voyager came back with a ship full of Maquis and presumably a lot of them are still around.

And Changelings couldn’t replicate things like blood. Sisko’s dad figured that one out.

OathOfFeanor t1_jcrbkkj wrote

A ship half full of Maquis. Some of us were not Maquis.

-On behalf of Tuvok

DMPunk t1_jctpx52 wrote

But Sisko's dad also pointed out an obvious workaround, and given the times that the Founders faked blood screenings (Way of the Warrior, for example), it's not like they'd suddenly forget that.

guiltyofnothing t1_jctv17o wrote

Think we’re talking about different things. My point was that it’s been canon that they couldn’t do anything more than surface deep, hence why Sisko’s dad made a comment that he’d just suck up someone’s blood if he were a changeling.

HelloYou57 t1_jcrjfjn wrote

I get the sense this season is an apology to fans for not involving TNG in the Dominion War.