Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PlasticMansGlasses t1_itn5eir wrote

They kept hinting that they had something cooking right up until the finale. That all we have to do is wait and that we won't be disappointed!

And then it was radio silence!

IvyGold t1_itncwso wrote

I don't understand why they had the jump forwards with the little girl on Laconia(?) if they weren't going to set a new post-Holden series there.

PlasticMansGlasses t1_itp588h wrote

I know right!? It was direct setup to the storylines from the last three books! I don't think anybody understands either!

GhostRobot55 t1_itpih88 wrote

I think it was just a little love for the book fans. It may have been a goof at the end since it just leaves showwatchers confused but it was cool to see some aspects of Laconia brought to screen.

adflet t1_itpkbtr wrote

I don't think they knew it wasn't going to continue until after the season was finished.

The official line was that they felt it was the right place to stop, but I'm sceptical. Who in a fickle TV industry wouldn't want to continue if it was offered? This says to me that it wasn't offered. It wasn't cancelled, but it wasn't renewed either.

I don't think it's likely we'll ever see it finished, which is a shame. Books 7 and 8 were the best of the series. 9 gave it a satisfying ending but felt a bit rushed to me.

Mattyzooks t1_itpsf2g wrote

Amazon announced season 6 as a shortened final season prior to the premiere of season 5.

MrZeral t1_itrbxok wrote

Same. Baffles my mind why they wasted time on that with already very limited time on the final season...