Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

DoubleA77 t1_iu5ssst wrote

This series seems to be so polarizing so far in terms of which episodes people either like or hate and honestly I think that's the best part about anthology series.

hman9958 t1_iu5x5u4 wrote

Watched the first 4.

The first 2 are good, but man if The Autopsy and The Outside didn't take it up a notch. They were both fantastic, with The Autopsy being some of the best sci-fi horror I've seen in a good bit. F Murray Abraham played a certified badass.

I can't wait to get to the rest of it. I'm super fucking hyped to watch The Viewing and The Murmuring, the latter being the one I'm the most excited about out of the bunch.

If you love horror (especially lovecraftian), you need to check this show out. It does not disappoint.

sliph0588 OP t1_iu6c92o wrote

I had the same reaction with the first 4. First two were fun, but the autopsy was absolutely fantastic. Outside was also extremely well done and had me creeped out the whole time.

league_starter t1_iu8wkl4 wrote

Watched the first two.. the set up is good, acting and everything else is also good. The payoff sucks, like goosebumps tv show bad. Like it’s made for kids.

Vegetable-Prompt-413 t1_iu5q951 wrote

I really enjoyed “Pickman’s Model” last night. You can really see where John Carpenter got his inspiration for “In the Mouth of Madness”. Crispin Glover was magnificent.

ILoveTheAIDS t1_iu60crt wrote

Del Toro keeps surprising me with his cool ass creature designs, the creature in Pickman's Model was really cool. Skeletal, but beefy and terrifying. The animatronic and CG blend looks freaking great, just as the Wendigo in Antlers (another one he had a hand in producing). And just look at Hellboy, Pan's and Blade. His eye for creatures is second to none.

fiercetankbattle t1_iu664rk wrote

I hope Panos Cosmatos has another film lined up. The Viewing might be my favourite of the lot

ILoveTheAIDS t1_iu5zu4l wrote

Ugh, it's been pretty mid tbh. Mixed bag, some good, some bad, some in middle. The autopsy is probably the best one.

sliph0588 OP t1_iu6c10m wrote

I have enjoyed all the ones I have seen so far. I have heard dreams of the witch house isn't as good as the others but we already got a good adaptation of that in masters of horror

PinballFantasy t1_iu6ii4t wrote

I am so surprised they put the Lot 36 as the first one, since imo it was easily the worst of them. Other than that, I've enjoyed these.

ayydesmond t1_iu6dhiz wrote

I liked episode 3, The Autopsy. Wouldn’t recommend any of the others though

gullydowny t1_iu7bz5d wrote

This is how it’s done, adapt short stories like the original Twilight Zone. Only 4 episodes in and can already tell this is going to be a classic. Netflix has some duds but when they get one right it makes up for everything.

neeekyp t1_iu5rkte wrote

I enjoyed the first two, fell asleep during the third which I couldn’t get into at all. Might just skip to the next one and continue on

−7