Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

VampireHunterAlex t1_itt23bw wrote

I’m not going to state an opinion just yet, but you have to point out that a good deal of Hulu’s good stuff is technically from FX, and I don’t believe that should count. (Fargo, Reservation Dogs, The Bear, etc) Take that out of the equation, and your result may be affected.

wujo444 t1_itua1b5 wrote

Why it shouldn't count? They both belong to the same corporation (Disney). They have a deal where FX is the producer but distrubition is solely by Hulu and you can't watch them on regular FX (Devs, Reservation Dogs, The Bear). If you can watch them on Hulu, they count.

humble_Rufus OP t1_itt2o8f wrote

This is true. But FX does have great shows. I'm just looking at it from a consumer perspective looking for something to watch, I don't care who first produced it.

VampireHunterAlex t1_itt3gb9 wrote

Then it shouldn’t necessarily be based on OG content, but for what is licensed out. Both have some pretty banger content that fill my watch-list. But again, it’s too late in the evening to weigh it all out: I would imagine Netflix will in fact lose quite a bit of licensed content within a few years based on the timeline of these contracts, while Hulu only has content to gain (due to what Disney holds)

So it may very well be Netflix now, but Hulu overall considering the future.