Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

VampireHunterAlex t1_iu6tc87 wrote

I have not seen the 8th one because I just got back from seeing ‘Tar‘, so I’ll give an edit later on. I really enjoyed this, and hope not only does it return, but that more horror anthology is in the pipeline (especially with the emphasis on practical effects). I want more content that is just one and done, and you don’t have to mentally invest over a whole season.

Here is my rankings of 1-7:

1: The Autopsy (3)

2: Graveyard Rats (2)

3: Pickman’s Model (5)

4: Dreams in the Witch House (6)

5:The Viewing (7)

6: Lot 36 (1)

7: The Murmuring (8)

8: The Outside (4)

Lot 36 was ok, and The Outside was meh, but the rest range from pretty good to great.

Edit: I wasn’t a huge fan of the last ep either. I think why I don’t like the bottom 3 as much, is that I came into the series expecting too much blood & violence out of every ep. Every one is certainly well made, and the directors are good, so I hope this series can continue.

Extra props to the high usage of practical effects: Obviously, these days I’d expect some CG to be used to smooth things over, but that’s how it was supposed to evolve back in the day, utilizing them hand to hand. Turning every piece of content that has effects into a video game over the past 20 years has done so much harm to the appreciation of practical.

Regula96 t1_iu7fn5f wrote

With a Flanagan series pretty much every year, an anthology like this is EXACTLY what I needed. So much fun with such a wide variety of scary stories. I hope this is a massive hit.