Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Flash635 t1_itxkksg wrote

Strange New Worlds is good old classic Star Trek.

Discovery is a pox.

AmishAvenger t1_ityh4ur wrote

It’s an abomination, and is still better than Picard.

ReasonablyBadass t1_iu04n6l wrote

They are roughly the same level of meldorama mixed with stupid for me.

Flash635 t1_ityi0yy wrote

Picard has 7 of 9 in it.

−1

Rocklove t1_itylk1e wrote

yeah as a muder crazy space cowboy, dual-wielding laser rifles. Not exactly a plus in Discovery's favour.

3thirtysix6 t1_itxmism wrote

You should thank Discovery for making SNW possible.

Flash635 t1_itxmlsu wrote

It started off ok.

−1

TILTNSTACK t1_ityhza1 wrote

It did but to have the entire federation brought to its knees by an angsty Kelpien was just utterly ridiculous and I wanted to smash my TV when I saw that plot line unfold.

Loved some of the characters - like Tilly - but the storyline just got worse and worse and worse.

Flash635 t1_ityi70i wrote

That ridiculous plot line where Tilly made Captain.

Locutus747 t1_itzi139 wrote

She was first officer not captain. Not that it’s better lol

elister t1_itzu4os wrote

Yeah Saru has her as first officer (for a few episodes) because she inspires hope in people (which is true, but dumb), but there was probably a dozen other crew members that had way more experience.

elister t1_itztsls wrote

First season was kinda meh, the end of the Klingon war was down right stupid. Second season of Discovery was significantly better, mostly thanks to Pike, Spock and Number One in it. Third season was great! They managed to conjure up some interesting future tech and we have a cat as a cast member again!

Prax150 t1_iu00fav wrote

I actually really like a lot of S1, they seemed to be going for something really interesting with good social commentary, but it fell apart I guess when they changed showrunners and I agree the end is pretty dumb.

S2 is good if you don't think about the logic of what they're doing too much, or ignore how it's completely devoid of any point.

S3 is good but again with a stupid ending.

S4 has a couple of decent episodes and I actually think they nailed the ending for the most part, I like how it's basically Star Trek: Arrival. But it's also maybe the most boring season of the show so far.

Isiddiqui t1_ity3aqh wrote

So guess which show won the Saturn Award last year? Yep, ST: Discovery