Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

smesch83 t1_is4u0ve wrote

yes! the stakes are very low, but the characters are very intense about everything. I like these kind of dramas that don't have any additional gimmick, setting, genre or ticking clock; I'm a big fan of "My so-called Life", I liked "Dawson's Creek" and I always suspect that "A Million Little Things" might have these vibes, too? in a way, "Girls" and "Looking" are similar: just groups of friends who might become couples and have some goals and some growing-up to do.

(I never watched "Smallville", but there is a comics continuation that was super-good, for the most part. "Buffy" is awesome, but somehow predictably given my comment about mundane/domestic things, I liked season 6 best.)

BlackSpinedPlinketto t1_is4uaqy wrote

I did quite like Dawson’s Creek, you’re right there was no real gimmick there. I expected one, like, the whole thing was being told by an old Dawson or something momentous would happen, but nah. It was just whether Joey would go for him or Pacey I guess.

I find it a little creepy when stories just meander around, and there’s no beginning/middle/end and ‘event’ that causes the normal plot arc that you find in stories.