Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

lightsongtheold t1_itm2bdt wrote

Yeah. TV+ delivers similar quality programming in a similar or higher volume at half the price.

For November HBO Max has The White Lotus, Titans, Pennyworth, and Sex Lives of College Girls. For November TV+ has Shantaram, Echo 3, The Mosquito Coast, Mythic Quest, and Acapulco.

Tell me again how HBO is better value nowadays than TV+? TV+ beats them on volume and matches them on quality and still costs half the price.

−6

iamdew802 t1_itm3j36 wrote

Pretty sure they were talking about the total catalog size, not just the number of new releases.

lightsongtheold t1_itm45rf wrote

I’m saying the catalog is not worth the extra $8 a month vs TV+. It is the best library of content in the industry but I’m not paying an extra $8 a month to rewatch shows I’ve already seen when there is so much great new content getting made here and now.

−5

Soulwaxing t1_itmj86h wrote

You've seen every HBO show and all the movies they have on there? I find that hard to believe.

lightsongtheold t1_itmkhwe wrote

I watched pretty much all the TV shows I’m interested in watching years ago when they actually aired. Chances are if I was super interested in watching a TV show or movie I’d not have waited years to do so.

If I was interested in watching a specific show again I’d be happy to sub for the month but I’m more into watching new TV I’ve not already seen before. Next big rewatch I’ll do will likely be Justified (in anticipation of the new limited series) but that ain’t on HBO.

Soulwaxing t1_itqzvh7 wrote

> Chances are if I was super interested in watching a TV show or movie I’d not have waited years to do so

I mean, I guess. But there was lots of great TV that I know I missed. That I waited years later to pick up which have become some of my favorite shows. There's a ton of HBO miniseries and 1-2 season shows too that I think go under people's radar as well.

Just saying, the HBO show catalog is deep and it's quality. IMO the best TV shows are HBO shows by and large. And their new shows that are releasing are still maintaining that quality pretty much.