Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

boogersrus t1_itmd1xm wrote

Sheesh. Better add some content then. Pretty slim pickings out there for 7 bucks a month.

wujo444 t1_itmhaei wrote

Tbf, they did add lot of good TV this year, more than D+ without Hulu or Prime. The problem isn't new shows, but old content, which they have none.

hoopheid t1_ittvhxl wrote

I get your point but why add old content that you can find elsewhere? I actually like that they focus on originals only.

wujo444 t1_ittywg6 wrote

A) iTunes sell movies. They are literally doing what you suggest right now.

B) Don't just buy content. Buy competition. Amazon bought nice cozy library of old movies when they took over MGM as well as Bonds. Or collaborate with some other streaming service like Peacock, which struggles to be relevant alone, but if you could get in one pack both Apple originals and giant library of NBCUniversal's old titles, that becomes good deal.

hoopheid t1_itu09cj wrote

iTunes isn’t Apple TV+ though. I think Apple were also close on the MGM deal but walked away in the end because it didn’t include exclusivity for everything that they wanted.

Murky-Insect-7556 OP t1_itme5c8 wrote

Yeah, they should’ve waited until 2023 and also release a preview of new shows coming next year. Could’ve built some hype and been understandable. Right now, we’re only getting like 2 maybe 3 shows a month which isn’t too worth it.

huebomont t1_itnfcl6 wrote

other streaming services definitely have way more quantity but I’d say a good third to half of what I actually watch and like is on Apple TV these days.