Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

donkeylipsh t1_iu9xcmo wrote

So in HoD they're allowed to have homogeneous cultures with a token family that somehow never mixed, despite the show having lighter skin for their mixed offspring. So the show contradicts your head lore. But you have no problem forgiving it.

But when you incorrectly assess that RoP has strictly homogeneous cultures, you use that as justification for your hate.

Make it make sense.

−12

ihohjlknk t1_iu9ys7d wrote

> So in HoD they're allowed to have homogeneous cultures with a token family that somehow never mixed

These families regularly commit incest. They're not in the business of marrying outside of Old Valyria.

donkeylipsh t1_iua10m8 wrote

So HoD is allowed to have the first mixed race coupling in thousands of years. And you will completely accept that without any questioning of how they would really maintain this skin tone.

But when RoP goes deep into world building to show you why there would be different homogeneous evolution with uncommon but not unheard of intermingling of species and races, you cry foul and refuse to accept it.

Naw. There is no logical foundation in your argument. You simply like HoD more than RoP. And so when the show runners give you the lore they created for their representation, you choose to just accept what HoD says, but you demand we hold RoP under a microscope and evaluate if what they say is anthropologically correct. GTFO

−13

Solid_Rice OP t1_iuagqfa wrote

> But when RoP goes deep into world building to show you why there would be different homogeneous evolution with uncommon but not unheard of intermingling of species and races

.....when did they do that? lol

the Harfoots who are scared of their own shadows somehow mixed with another group?

donkeylipsh t1_iue3ee0 wrote

I like how you avoided trying to refute any the reasons why the Valeryons in HotD don't make any sense and jump right to attacking RoP. It's almost as if you have no interest in a holding HotD to the same standards as RoP. But that would mean you're arguing in bad faith, and you wouldn't do that would you?

Throughout the whole show and multiple replies from me. Clearly you haven't been paying attention.

So scared of their own shadows? Tell you didn't watch the show without telling me you didn't watch the show.

They befriended a stranger. Announced their presence to clearly powerful beings. And fought them.

So we have verifiable proof that hobbits will interact with other species.

When you migrate, you will encounter other tribes. If you paid attention. Some get left behind. Not all of them will die. Some will survive and make tribes of their own. Who will have their own genetic traits. And who will also migrate. Having chance encounters with other hobbits form relationships and have offspring.

The fact is, there is more anthropological accuracy in RoP than there is in HotD tokenizing a single family.

But you like HotD and you don't like RoP. And so you demand RoP conforms to your head canon, and you accept whatever the showrunners say for HotD.

Solid_Rice OP t1_iuagisk wrote

> that as justification for your hate.

lol this is funny considering I'm Black.

I'm glad both had Black actors cashing checks.

The overall point was verisimilitude.

Its fantasy but make it seem real if you want people to invest time in the story.

donkeylipsh t1_iue2jpx wrote

When did you express hate for any race? We're talking about your hate of a show here. The color of your skin has nothing to do with you hating on RoP.

And my overall point, is you are showing a double standard for you evaluations of the shows and how they did representation.

For RoP, You ignore refuse to accept the show runners lore for their representation, you demand anthropological accuracy, and when it's pointed out to you that they've actually SHOWN you how there would be mixing of homogeneous species and races, you reject that evidence.

But alls HotD has is one quote form the showrunners, and you put your microscope down and just accept what they say. You stopped to consider, wait, how the fuck did this one family stay black when everyone else is white? And before you say "incest", the mixing of races would have come long before any cultural norms of incest would ever be established.

Face it: You like HotD so you will accept any shortcomings. You hate RoP, so you will attack it for anything.

That's cool. But don't pretend you're evaluating things objectively. Own your hypocrisy and double standards.