Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JohnnyAK907 t1_it44s9r wrote

Oh good: another vision of a grim future. Just what I need to distract me from the reality of a grim present.

OneGoodRib t1_it49uh8 wrote

Yeah it's weird, in the past when things were grimdark, tv shows tended to flip the other way. Like in the 60s with Vietnam and riots and stuff, sitcoms got so weird and cheesy and of course there were still dramas at the time, but in general tv and movies were like "hey, let's have some fun so you can forget about how it feels like nuclear war is imminent for a little while".

OfferOk8555 t1_it4f68s wrote

I feel like most people watch super heroes stuff and Star Wars for that comfort. Plenty of “this is a jokey action movie that’s so self aware it hurts” coming out recently I feel like.

earhere t1_it4nqqt wrote

It's easier to create conflict and drama in a futuristic society if it's a dystopian future.

momansensei t1_it6g2pq wrote

Simple solution for you. Don't watch. There are hoards of media out right now with the complete opposite vibe. Marvel cinema is one example. Good guys win, heros save the day, etc.

tomcmackay t1_ittz2cx wrote

good sci-fi is not written just for your viewing pleasure.

tomcmackay t1_itu04ru wrote

u know what?

i did u a favor...i checked out your history, for fun, to see what u were like before posting more

basically, ure intelligent, and maybe influential as far as i can tell. so just read the novels, no gimmicks nor put-downs. i suspect the tv version simply cannot compare to the orginal scriptwriters vision in his head for what took place. if you have any imagination ull agree. it will only take a chapter or two for you to decide yourself