Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

fed45 t1_iwveagw wrote

Man, if they didn't premier this show on a Wednesday the internet would have exploded, lol.

God_Is_Pizza t1_iwvh1ml wrote

I still think it should’ve premiered closer to Halloween probably the 26th.

TheMapesHotel t1_iwvhhel wrote

This right here. Why are they premiering it right before Thanksgiving?

The only reason I can think of is didn't they drop Sabrina right around Halloween? Or are they trying to invoke Christina's legendary camp Thanksgiving play from the movies?

tmrtdc3 t1_iwx998f wrote

I think they figure it will be a family-friendly show for people to binge-watch over the long Thanksgiving weekend -- but I agree, expected it to drop weeks ago.

Kytyngurl2 t1_iwwx6m5 wrote

She needs to time things correctly to ambush Sarah Miller.

reasonedof t1_iwy789m wrote

Family date, but also: the show was shoot extremely close to areas of where the war in the Ukraine broke out (Ricci said by the time they left there were places under threat of bombing seven miles away) and I get the impression it was delayed a few weeks because of that.

Comic_Book_Reader OP t1_iwwmu6p wrote

Probably because the two movies were released in November around now. (And maybe a little nod towards that glorious playhem.)

The animated ones were (early) October. I'll admit, I saw the first one, and found it perfectly enjoyable.

JohnBsGhost t1_iwy1sqf wrote

Maybe odd take but I don’t associate them with Halloween. They thrive off the comparison to normal people.

ehsteve23 t1_iwylerw wrote

Reminds me of how Brooklyn 99 could have had it’s finale on 9/9 but they bumped it a week for a sports game

badyams t1_ix3zvy5 wrote

Yep. World hunger? Who cares? Does Wednesday premiere on a Wednesday? Everything is going to explode if it doesn't happen!

jgrumiaux t1_iwz83o1 wrote

I know the name of the show. I want to know when it’s premiering.