Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Vanishingside t1_iwmket2 wrote

Will this show ever end?

RedForman1776 t1_iwms3ae wrote

It’s like they said about mash, it was a tv show that was on for 11 years about a war that lasted 3 years.

meowskywalker t1_iwmw6ax wrote

Yeah but MASH was good. This hasn’t been good in like five years.

Moncole t1_iwozv7t wrote

I was bored so I watched the first episode of the new season, it was so bad. George Segal and Jeff Garlin were the best parts of the show.

St1834 t1_iwou64p wrote

They'll never stop the Goldbergs

Have no fear, they've got stories for years

Starbuck522 t1_iwnzhxv wrote

Wasn't the older brother in medical school? Now he just lives at the house? What does the couple do? They can't get a place?

TheBFlem27 t1_iwmso24 wrote

I used to be a fan of this show, it was pretty funny but then it got repetitive after a few seasons. They should’ve ended it when the creator left.

sweetnourishinggruel t1_iwn2812 wrote

>but then it got repetitive

That's the thing about family. Even when you have repetitive weekly conflicts, you know that they will always be there for you . . . repetitively.

zumera t1_iwn0uhb wrote

I still watch it regularly and enjoy it, but I agree that it can be painfully repetitive. They squandered a great opportunity to do something fresh this season. They should have reduced Beverly's screentime and followed Adam in college, Barry in medical school, and Erica and Geoff navigating parenthood.

GeekdomCentral t1_iwmvfdv wrote

Yeah I really enjoyed the beginning, but fell off somewhere around season 6

Ooften t1_iwpfhnu wrote

Like most comedies it peaked in season 3 and then just kept going. And going.

Zuez420 t1_iwmoun8 wrote

Holy shit this show lasted for 10 fucking seasons....dayyyyyummmm

OrbitOrbz t1_iwmph1a wrote

It's funny the show creator and the person this show is about is not even part of the show anymore lol. So he's working somewhere else while ABC is making up stories about him in the shows episodes lol

Zuez420 t1_iwmpkky wrote

Adam Goldberg?

RedForman1776 t1_iwmsa6m wrote

Adam F. Goldberg. Not to be confused with the guy from The Hebrew Hammer

Zuez420 t1_iwmsd3j wrote

Lolol....that was a great show, and i wish you slapped Eric around some more...hahaha

FeastForCows t1_iwo95s0 wrote

Do they still have real life clips of them at the end, or did they run out of those?

Bears_On_Stilts t1_iwoimk3 wrote

There is now a disclaimer “this is entirely a work of fiction” at the end. Adam F. Goldberg and his writing team from the show’s heyday are now working for Marvel Comics.

RealCoolDad t1_iwmnhoy wrote

So I’ve never watched this show, how did they explain getting rid of Jeff garlin. Is he dead?

antiMATTer724 t1_iwmu5iq wrote

They killed him off.

Fu-Man-Chewbacca t1_iwn4sva wrote

Why did they get rid of him?

antiMATTer724 t1_iwn513o wrote

I haven't read up on it in a while. My understanding is that he made some off-color comments around female xaat members that made them really uncomfortable.

Edit: quick Google search saidnhe was harassing and verbally abusing cast.

Final edit: had nothing to do with the women in the cast, and everything to do with him being verbally abusive. Initially the speculation was him making inappropriate comments, which which was assumed at the time to be code for sexual harassment.

itrainmonkeys t1_iwnepit wrote

Yeah he was apparently making people uncomfortable and was asked to stop/behave himself and he basically blew off the warnings and acted like he wasn't causing any problems. Apparently he was probably just not fun to work with. It was clear in recent years they were kind of shooting around him or not using him with everyone as much

ryanispomp t1_iwoqp2y wrote

Iirc he had negotiated his contact down to a day or so a week by the last few seasons.

itrainmonkeys t1_iworts5 wrote

Makes sense. There were several times where I could tell that they were editing around him as he didn't necessarily share the same shots as the other cast members. They'd be at the dinner table and he'd be at the end. Or they'd be in a room and he'd be sitting on the couch/recliner so they could cut to him. But it wasn't the same as the first few seasons.

_Meece_ t1_iwovz07 wrote

He was his character from Curb iirc.

nithos t1_iwq0aq9 wrote

Ever have a family member that is incredibly caustic and constantly demeaning everyone around them? But when called out on it they respond with "Why can't anyone take a joke anymore?" and double down on the behavior.

Apparently, that's Jeff.

OrbitOrbz t1_iwmp7qd wrote

Well you just answered your own question lol

the____can t1_iwms0x9 wrote

it seems like im the only guy on this sub that enjoys this show and could watch it for years to come. its comfort food for me, all the characters are likeable. #shmoo4ever

87TLG t1_iwni3e6 wrote

I still enjoy the show too. Barry always makes me laugh. I feel like the show has always been predictable and repetitive in he same way other family sitcoms have been. Modern family and Full House were the same way. It’s part of the formula.

Tyster20 t1_iwprb3o wrote

The mother isn't likeable at all. Last episode I watched involved her keeping Geoff from his own daughter.

TenMinutesToDowntown t1_iwuonqo wrote

I'm still watching the show since I'm committed to seeing how it ends, but I wouldn't call most of the characters likeable at all.

The guys in the JTP (JTP!) are likeable but everyone else is just not a good person.

tubetalkerx t1_iwmw1ey wrote

Haven’t they run out of 1980s material yet?

MulciberTenebras t1_iwn27mu wrote

They've now been on longer than the actual 80s, kinda like how MASH lasted four times longer than the Korean War they were depicting.

bhind45 t1_iwnyui1 wrote

Except there's 10 years in a decade and Goldbergs is on it's 10th season.

Peltarius t1_iwoulai wrote

Also MASH wasn't really about the Korean War.

Starbuck522 t1_iwnzahd wrote

"...where Adam is working at."

Get a proofreader!

99-times-again t1_iwsr4uz wrote

Schooled was a pretty good spinoff of this show. It’s just a shame they cancelled it and kept this zombie going

HPmoni t1_iwp4858 wrote

It was a beautiful thing that has run its course.

No mas!

ajump23 t1_iwq802r wrote

Show should have ended seasons ago.