Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

melbbear t1_iy2ptpb wrote

I was watching clips of Canadian Masterchef on youtube, and I couldn’t believe how mean they all are to each other, so much attitude and drama! the OG (of this format) Australian version, the contestants are all so supportive of each other. https://youtu.be/t0acSsS5A0g

berserkuh t1_iy2ttgy wrote

I like the British version more, just because I can recognize a few people (Mary Berry, Paul Hollywood).

Every cooking competition apart from British Bake-Off and whatever Guy Fieri is doing is horrible, if you ask me, for the simple fact that there's so much manufactured tension. Chopped is the worst for this.

The sets may as well start literally exploding.

Hill_Reps_For_Jesus t1_iy36y0u wrote

If you like cooking shows but want to avoid drama - Masterchef: The Professionals (UK) is brilliant. All the chefs are chefs in Michelin kitchens so the standard is super high - but there's literally no 'I'm not here to make friends, I'm here for my family' bullshit.

CoolAbdul t1_iy3o0eu wrote

Watched it last night. The purple-haired guy is just a tool.

Girlmode t1_iy34cdc wrote

Australian masterchrf is amazing. We are on the last season of the trio tho. I don't think I'd be able to watch and enjoy the show again with new judges.

Dark4ce t1_iy3d7mm wrote

I was on the same boat and the first season with the new judges took a bit of getting used to. They were finding their ground and it seemed a bit strange in parts but definitely worth watching. The following seasons have only gotten better after that.

Girlmode t1_iy3hkk8 wrote

Just became a real comfort thing after mum died to watch it. I am sure I could still enjoy but the three lads were the comforting background noise to my mourning process this year, I think having no family left I liked having so many episodes of a show with wholesome familiar faces and positive vibes.

Still enjoy food shows so no doubt il watch. Just sad to lose the little parasocial experience I had to help me through grief a little bit. Just enjoyed so much consistent positivity and genuine passion, made me want to cook and do better.