Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NamisteHome t1_ixn8zyp wrote

Agreed. I used to be a HUGE weather nerd as a kid, and remember seeing how Al Roker looked in the 80s when he promo'd with Willard Scott. It had such an impact on me in first grade that to this day, at age 44, I am laser-focused on maintaining my blood sugar and cholesterol in order to keep any danger of adult-onset diabetes well at bay, since I am genetically predisposed to it. I am not exaggerating when I say that I can thank Al Roker for motivating me to counteract any snack attacks with push-ups or a decent walk with my dog around the neighborhood. I hope he gets better soon.

SashaWoodson t1_ixnr8gd wrote

I just found out Byron Allen owns the weather channel. That’s the craziest sentence about things I don’t care about.

tomservo88 t1_ixpa4t7 wrote

I saw a CBS Sunday Morning feature on him a little bit ago. Said he was in the room when Berry Gordy sold Motown and how it made him feel defeated, that it was crucial to create the mini-major that his studio is now and to keep it black-owned. Cool stuff!

ihopeicanforgive t1_ixp9t1t wrote

As a type 1 diabetic… avoid it. I’d kill to be able to work hard to avoid my diabetes but unfortunately my pancreas just doesn’t work